Sunday, August 5, 2007

Paris mon amour! (don't tell me that you were expecting something else)

After my short trip to Italy, I hopped on the cheapest train (read very slow) to my next destination spot.. The city which is inspirational to almost every one and the all time hottest place for artists around the world. It's the city hosting iconic landmarks such as the Eiffel, Notre Dame cathedral, the Champs-Elysées, the Arc de Triomphe, the Basilica of the Sacré Coeur, the Invalides, the Panthéon, the Grande Arche and the Opéra Garnier among its many attractions, along with world famous museums such as the Louvre, the Musée d'Orsay or the Musée National d'Art Moderne. Ladies and gentlemen, I bring you; Leipzig!!! :) Yeah, I am kidding;
Dames et messieurs, Paris...

After such a good intro, probably you expect me to really bring you Paris, hahha nice joke :)
Of course what I did over there was following the routine; the museums, cathedrals, cafes all crunched in two days... Lovely it was, as much as tiring.. You don't have much time to enjoy and that's the dilemma of any given world tourer... Leaving everything else behind, enjoy the it...

Here goes the story;

First I started with a random city walk. Look where I came across; Notre Dame cathedral where I met my friend Quasimodo who makes living on novel appearances :)

I had to ruin the picture with a red arrow marking. Hello, I am the Asterisk, remember?



After some time I came across some fellow tourists. After some friendly talk, they invited me to tour the city with them... What could I say other than yes? Below there is a picture of us in front of Eiffel...



Louvre came next... Inside the glass pyramid in front of the museum, I felt like a tomato in a greenhouse. STOP GLOBAL WARMING!!! :)



You see me on the stairs... It is easy to tell how modernistic the pyramid's style.
Louvre was unbelievable. The museum holds so many collections including spectacular paintings of artists like Fragonard, Rembrandt, Rubens, Titian, Poussin and many other exhibits including archeology, sculpture, architecture, writing it again architecture (there is a hidden city under the pyramid), furniture etc. from a period between the 13th century to 19th century.
A very hysterical, sorry historical museum where you could travel in time without any warnings :) During my very short museum visit, I not only got confused a lot, but also lost my fellow tourismo group. That's why I got out fast and ended up in a cafe where I found myself in art, thanks to the rain clouds over Paris.



And this was it... I am leaving tomorrow morning for another hot cultural spot. Any guesses?

No comments: